No more pencils, no more books, and before you know it no more travel restrictions! Before making our oral presentations about theme parks, we talk about the travel industry starting to wake up from the quarantine blues. Strap on your magic band and say...
No more pencils, no more books, and before you know it no more travel restrictions! Before making our oral presentations about theme parks, we talk about the travel industry starting to wake up from the quarantine blues. Strap on your magic band and say hi to Shamu, it's time to hit the trail with the Gold Key Adventurers Society!
- This week in theme park history, courtesy of our friend the Theme Park Professor, includes a whole bunch of park firsts, including the opening of it’s a small world in Disneyland, Pandora in Animal Kingdom,Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, and Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resorthttps://bit.ly/WeekInTPHistory525
- Heather shared the TSA’s updated airport security procedureshttps://bit.ly/TSANewRulesCovid
- Our theme park news roundup included Universal Orlando’s recently revealed plans for a phased reopening in Junehttps://bit.ly/UOReopeningPlanTPP
- Our random adventure in the Atlas Obscura took us to a temple in Thailand constructed mainly of millions of green and brown beer bottleshttps://bit.ly/BeerBottleTempleAO
- Jess’s terrifying international theme park of the week was Haisingdang Park in South Korea. Warning:Definitely not Safe for Work in regular times. Since we’re all stuck at home, proceed at your own risk!https://bit.ly/AtlasObscuraDongPark
- For her oral report, Heather told us about why she loves the roller coasters at Sea World, of all placeshttps://bit.ly/SeaWorldCoasters
- Jess told us about Monster Mansion, the dark ride at 6 Flags Over Georgia that rivals rides at Disney parks, and has been called a mix of Splash Mountain and The Haunted Mansionhttps://bit.ly/MonsterMansion6Flags
- Dan shared the bizarre history of Winnie The Pooh’s 4 campaigns for President of the United States of America between 1968-1980, complete with rallies held daily in the Disney Parks and a killer campaign songhttps://bit.ly/PoohForPresident
As always, a huge thank you to our sponsor, Key to the World Travel. For all your travel needs, Key to the World's expert travel advisors are standing by. Make sure you tell them the Gold Key Adventurers sent you!
Thanks to Outer Vibe for the use of their song Hoka Hey off of the album Hoka Hey as the intro and outro of our show. For tour dates, merch, music and more, be sure to check them out at www.outervibe.com.
Make sure you subscribe to the show to make sure you don't miss a single week of adventure. While you're at it, how about leaving us a rating and review?
Word of mouth is the best way for us to grow our society of intrepid adventurers-if you have a friend or two who might enjoy our particular brand of adventure and silliness, send them our way.
The Gold Key Adventurers Society is always looking for new members! Find all our episodes, links and info at https://www.goldkeyadventurers.com
Listen to The Gold Key Adventurers Society
Remember, life is short and the world is wide. So go have an adventure!